Friday, December 4, 2009

Eddie Fatu Passes Away

Eddie Fatu, who rose to fame as Umaga in the WWE passed away today.

Before I get into the WWE.com write up, I would like to say that I was lucky enough to see Fatu wrestle live, and thought he was an amazing performer. Just a big impressive dude, who put on a really fun match with CM Punk. Soon after that match he was let go from the company for a Wellness Violation. I was sad to see him go and hoped that he would straighten up his life and make it back on my television. Sadly this will not be the case. He leaves us with an highly enjoyable body of work, and some amazing memories. 36 years old is much too young for anyone to die, and I can't fathom the heartbreak his family is experiencing. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

So From WWE.com
WWE would like to express its deepest condolences to Mr. Fatu’s family, friends and fans on his tragic passing. Mr. Fatu was under contract with WWE at various time periods and most recently performed under the name "Umaga." Mr. Fatu's contract was terminated on June 11, 2009.


I think it's a little sad how they wrote that up. Making sure to give the exact date as to when they fired him, so no one is confused as to if he was a current WWE employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment